Monday, May 11, 2009

Back in the Deutschland. May 5/6, 2009

So I find my-self back in the land of bier, brot, and wurst. Gott sei dank!
The lead up to my flight was a little hectic...my fault for leaving EVERYTHING, and then some, to the extreme last minute (Like canceling my phone plan while standing at the gate at Pearson International) everything is good now, or so I hope...
Anyways, flight from Calgary to Frankfurt, over Toronto, was extremely uneventful. I had a personal tv thing so I watched movies and tv the entire way. Got into Frankfurt Wednesday, May 6 around 7 am. Got my luggage and took the S-Bahn (uhh...kinda like the C-train but better cuz its Germany and its efficient) into town. Got extremely lost trying to find the youth hostel, which really sucks when you are lugging around a 40+ lb backpack and haven't really slept in 3 days. Eventually found the place and could only store my luggage there because check-in wasn't until 1, it was around 9 am at the time. Went into the downtown area and did some window shopping, seeing as everything doesn't open until 10. When the stores opened I went to Vodaphone and got my-self a German SIM card and did a lot more walking. Found this great place for lunch and had Jägerschnitzel (my absolute favorite) and beer. Went back to the hostel and checked into my room. Now I've done a fair bit of traveling and every single time I go anywhere I put my liquid stuff in ziplock bags and then those into my toiletries bag..this time I didn't and NEVER again will I make that mistake..the ONE time I didn't I end up with shampoo goo covering half my backpack...took me a good 40 minutes to semi clean it up...talked with this older gentlemen sharing the room and then passed out. Woke up at 10 to shower and fell back asleep. 15 hours of sleep is a damn good way to kick jet lag!

No comments: