Sunday, May 27, 2007

21.4.2007 Festung Hohensalzburg

Had such a crappy sleep =(
So we headed off to Salzburg, Austria for the day. Meet the others at the München Hbf and then took a train together East. There was a lady sitting in the other seat from me and she just so happened to be an English teacher, has family in Toronto, and teaches in my city!
Got to Salzburg and Jee and Lee met us. Walked around for the first hour or so and didn't really see much..The girls were more interested in going shopping and the worst part was they were shopping at stores we have back in Canada! So I got fed up with it and said I was going to leave to actually go see the city and none of them seemed to really care less so I took off.
The old part of Salzburg is amazing! You turn this corner and there is this castle perched on a hill with the Alps right behind it The first place I saw, ironicly, was the main shopping street. Along this street is also the house of where Motzart was born and had lived for a few years. It's a small meseum and I checked it out. After that I went to the Rezidence house, Uni, and the Cathederal. After all this I finally went up to the castle. Festung Hohensalzburg (Festung is the hill. High Salt Castle) is one of the largest castles in Europe. The view from up there is amazing as well. It gives a great view of the whole city, and again you have the Alps right behind you.

No comments: